Biography Carmen Nuñez-Lagos
Carmen acts as independent arbitrator. She is appointed as president, co-arbitrator and sole arbitrator by parties involved in a wide variety of sectors and is listed on the roster of arbitrators of the main arbitral institutions.
Her outstanding reputation as international arbitrator stems from her extensive experience in international arbitration. In her 30 years of career, Carmen has acted in more than 200 commercial and investment arbitration proceedings as arbitrator and as counsel on behalf of both industrial groups and States, in particular in relation to infrastructure, energy and telecommunications disputes.
Carmen is listed on the roster of arbitrators of several international arbitral institutions, including, amongst others, the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of Arbitration (LCIA) and the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
She acts as Vice-President of the Spanish Arbitration Club (CEA) and is a Council member of the ICC Institute of World Business Law. She is also a member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR, and a member of the Drafting Committees of the ICC Task Force on Arbitration involving States and State-Entities and the ICC Task Force on Emergency Arbitration.
She has been listed for four consecutive years in ‘Best Lawyers in France’ and is recommended by Chambers, Legal 500 and GAR. She was also ranked for the third year in a row as Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers 2019.
- Núñez-Lagos Arbitration (2019-), Paris
- Hogan Lovells (2012-2019), Partner, Paris
- Bredin Prat (2006-2012), Avocat à la Cour, Paris
- AUNA Operadores de Telecomunicaciones, In-house legal counsel, Madrid
- Cremades y asociados (1990-2000), Partner, Madrid
- University of Zaragoza School of Law, 1989
- University of Bologna, 1989
- Exeter University School of Law, LL.M. in International Business Law -with honours-, 1990
- Madrid Bar (since 1989), Abogado
- Paris Bar (since 2007), Avocat à la Cour
Arbitral institutions – List of Arbitrators
- International Center of Investment Disputes (ICSID), list of Spain
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Court of Arbitration (LCIA)
- Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), international division of the American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- KCAB International
- Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Beijing International Arbitration Center (BIAC)
- Milan Chamber of Commerce (CAM)
- Madrid Arbitration Court
- Arbitration Center of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL)
- American Chamber of Commerce of Peru (AmCham)
- Arbitration Court of the Czech Chamber of Commerce
- Court of International Commercial Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
- Russian Arbitration Center
- Vice-President of CEA (Spanish Arbitration Club)
- Member of the Council of ICC Institute of World Business Law
- Member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR
- Member of the ICC Task Force on Arbitration involving States or State Entities (Drafting Committee)
- Member of the ICC Task Force on Emergency Arbitrators (Drafting Committee)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member of the International Arbitration Institute (IAI)
- Member of the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)